Hip but never over hip, Sardaro easily makes the jump from the
1920s to the 80s. Male pop jazz singers are a rare breed…
On the tunes that swung, Sardaro showcased his rhythmic savvy.
He stretched out some phrases, cut other short, added some
funky endings, all in all working as much like an
improvising horn man as he did a singer.
1. All of you (C Porter)
2. Yardbird Suite (C. Porter / J. Hendricks)
3. Nature Boy (Eden Ahbez)
4. If you Could See Me Now (T. Dameron / C. Sigman)
5. What is This Thing Called Love (C. Porter)
6. Perdido (Juan Tizol / Langferder Drake)
7. Reflections (Looking Back) (T. Monk / J. Hendricks)
8. Make Someone Happy (Jule Styne/A. Green/B. Comdon)
9. Laura (Raskin / J. Mercer)
10. On a Clear Day (A.J. Lerner/B. Lane)
11. Mixed Emotions (S. F. Loucheim)
12. I Only Have Eyes for You (A. Dubin/R. Warren)
13. Wrap Your Troublesome in Dreams (B. Moll /Harry Barris/T. Keohler)
14. Yesterday (J. Lennon/P. McCartney)
15. Everything But You (D. Ellington/R. James)
16. Massachusetts (A. Razaf/L. Roberts)
$12, includes shipping. Call 617 . 522 . 5009. to purchase.